Arkansas Home Security Systems
In 2009, the violent crime rate in the state of Arkansas was higher than the national violent crime rate by 3.69%. The state property crime rate was also higher than the national average (by nearly 21%), and the burglary rate in Arkansas was nearly 70% higher than the national average that year, according to CityRating.com and ACIC.org.*
There are around 95 burglaries per day across the state of Arkansas. Figures from 2008 found that the total value of stolen property in Arkansas was $117,282,745. Of that, $21,363,255 worth of stolen property was recovered, for a recovery rate of just over 18%. It stands to reason that if you have property stolen from your Arkansas home, you're unlikely to get it back.
Nationwide, there is a burglary approximately every 15 seconds. Burglars generally look for three things when casing a neighborhood or a home:
- Easy access
- Presence of small, portable, valuable items
- Easy escape
While burglary is one of the most common crimes, there is a lot you can do to help prevent burglary, particularly by foiling a burglar's number one criterion: easy access.
Help Lower Your Risk for Home Burglary
Arkansas residents can help lower their risk for becoming burglary victims by taking several common sense measures. Here are some tips:
- Lock up consistently. Make it a family rule that anyone leaving the house must lock the doors. All exterior doors should have deadbolts, and the only people with keys should be people you specifically want to have them.
- If you're going out of town, arrange for your mail and newspapers to be collected, and to have your yard mowed if you're going to be gone long enough for it to need it. Burglars look for stuffed mailboxes and overgrown lawns to determine who isn't home.
- Walk around the perimeter of your house and look for vulnerable access points. Are there unlocked windows on the ground floor? Are there overgrown shrubs where a burglar could hide out? If so, cut them back.
- Install motion detection lighting over your driveway and any walkways. In many cases, a bright light suddenly coming on is enough to startle a burglar into going somewhere else.
- Consider installing an ADT monitored home security system.
Home Security Systems
Arkansas residents from Jonesboro to Texarkana are discovering for themselves just how affordable and effective 24-hour monitored home security systems are. Today's systems install quickly and with minimal disruption to either your house or your schedule. They come with intuitive LCD control panels that provide great features like instant two-way communication with your monitoring center and easy arm / disarm functions.
Monitored home security systems come standard with other great features like a passive infrared motion detector and a keychain wireless remote that allows you to arm or disarm your system or press a "panic alert" button to summon help when you are in imminent danger.
Many homeowners are pleasantly surprised to discover that once they install a monitored home security system and sign up for affordable around-the-clock monitoring, they qualify for a discount on their homeowners' insurance. But mostly, they are pleased by the peace of mind that comes from having home security that is monitored 24/7.
If you are interested in learning more about the technologically advanced and easy-to-use ADT monitored home security system, call us at Protect Your Home today. Protect Your Home is the nation's leading ADT Authorized Premier Provider with over 150 installation centers throughout the country. Convenient next-day installation is available in many cases, which means you don't have to wait long to enjoy the peace of mind that comes from having an ADT monitored home security system.