Indiana Home Security Systems

The overall crime rate in the state of Indiana has inched upward in recent years, after a decline in violent crime was offset by an increase in nonviolent crime. In 2009, the violent crime rate in Indiana was lower than the national average by nearly 19%, but the property crime rate was higher than the national average by just over 12%, according to FBI.gov, CityRating.com, and DisasterCenter.com.*

In 2009 there were 48,880 burglaries reported in Indiana, and in 2010 there were 47,115 reported, for a drop of 3.75% from 2009 to 2010. Still, the 47,115 burglaries for 2010 average out to 129 burglaries per day.

Burglary is common enough that most people have either had their homes burglarized or have known someone who has. An estimated three of four houses are expected to be broken into over the next 20 years. The good news is that most burglaries (approximately 87%) are considered preventable. There is a lot you can do to help protect your home and family from burglary.

Help Protect Your Home and Family

Did you know that 4% of burglars get into homes through unlocked entrances? That means that in Indiana alone in 2010, nearly 1,900 burglaries might have been prevented with good locks. Forced entry is used in approximately 60% of burglaries. The other 40% are considered "unlawful entries," which means the intruder either got in through an unlocked entrance or had keys that allowed access. But there is much the ordinary Indiana homeowner can do to help prevent easy access:

  • Make sure the only people with keys to your house are those you trust to have them. And if you don't have deadbolts on all your exterior doors, get them. Ordinary locks are very easy to pick.
  • When you travel, use light timers to simulate someone being at home. Have your mail collected and your yard mowed. Burglars love the site of overgrown yards and stuffed mailboxes.
  • Cut back shrubs that could provide cover for intruders near ground floor windows, doors, and porches.
  • Lock up tools, mowers, barbecue grills, and bicycles in your garage or in a shed that locks.
  • Consider installing an ADT monitored home security system.

Home Security Systems in Indiana

Increasing numbers of Indiana homeowners are finding out just how affordable and effective ADT monitored home security systems are. The home security system of the 21st century is technologically sophisticated, yet easy to use. Security systems come with intuitive control panels, and passive infrared motion detection.

One feature that homeowners love about their monitored home security systems is the wireless keychain remote. It's handy for arming or disarming the system from anywhere in the home, and it comes with a "panic alert" button that can be pressed when there is immediate danger.

With monitored home security, whenever a break-in, fire, or smoke is detected, the monitoring center is automatically notified. Monitoring personnel contact the homeowner and contact emergency responders if necessary. The security systems are easy to use and bring peace of mind to any household, from the young single person to the house full of kids, to the retired couple.

If you are interested in learning more about monitored home security systems, call our professionals at Protect Your Home today. Protect Your Home, the nation's leading ADT Authorized Premier Provider with more than 150 installation centers throughout the country. In most cases, next-day installation can be set up so that you don't have to wait long to enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing your home's security is monitored 24/7.

bbb_logos   SSL site seal - click to verify

ADT®-Monitored Home Security
Start Here for a FREE Quote

By submitting the “Get a Free Quote” form, you consent to Protect Your Home using automated dialing technology to contact you at the number provided above regarding home security offers or by email marketing to the email provided. You are not required to provide this consent to make a purchase from us.

Call Now For a FREE Quote

1-888-282-2784