Louisiana Home Security Systems
The rate of violent crime in the state of Louisiana is higher than the national average by 58.61%, and the nonviolent crime rate in Louisiana is higher by 56.18%. But here’s the good news: like the majority of the U.S., overall crime rates in Louisiana have shown a general downward trend over the past two decades, according to CityRating.com and LA.gov.*
In 2010 there were 39,348 burglaries in Louisiana. The state is ranked sixth in the nation in terms of burglary rate, with a rate more than 40% higher than the national average. Burglary made up 27% of nonviolent crimes in 2010. When juvenile and adult arrests are taken into account, there were 4,678 arrests for burglary in Louisiana in 2010, for an arrest rate of just under 12%.
Help Protect Your Home and Family from Burglary
Burglary is a common crime throughout the United States. However that doesn't mean you have to resign yourself to it. In fact, there is much that the average Louisiana resident can do to help lower their risk of burglary.
When burglars are looking for places to rob, they want three basic things. The first is easy access. Next, they want small, valuable items, like electronics, jewelry, cash, and firearms. Finally, they want an easy escape. You want to focus on denying burglars all these things. If they think it will be hard to break-in, most burglars will try elsewhere. Here are some tips:
- Make it a family rule that anyone who leaves the house locks up. Every exterior door should have a deadbolt and all ground floor windows should be locked.
- If your front door has windows in it or has windows to each side, consider using a double key deadbolt to help prevent a burglar from being able to break a window, reach in, and turn the deadbolt thumb turn. You may also consider reinforcing panes with quarter-inch Plexiglas.
- Look for places around your house where burglars could easily hide, such as in overgrown shrubbery. Cut it back to eliminate these hiding places.
- Install motion sensor lighting over driveways and walkways.
- Consider installing a 24-hour monitored home security system.
Home Security Systems
Home security systems of today are a far cry from the old burglar alarms you see in movies that can be disabled by snipping a couple of wires. Today's security systems incorporate wireless technology and are monitored by professionals in a monitoring center 24/7. They are unobtrusive and install quickly.
Many Louisiana residents are discovering how effective and affordable ADT monitored home security systems are. In addition to detecting break-ins, they monitor for smoke and fire. When any of these situations arise, the monitoring center is notified immediately. The homeowner is contacted, as are appropriate first responders.
In many cases, homeowners in Louisiana and elsewhere are often pleasantly surprised to find out that their monitored home security system can potentially save them money on their homeowners' insurance.
Some of the terrific features included in ADT monitored home security systems are:
- Passive infrared motion detection
- Intuitive LCD control panel for arming / disarming and instant monitoring center access
- Wireless remote keychain with "panic alert" button
If you would like to find out more about ADT monitored home security system, call our experts at Protect Your Home today. Protect Your Home, the nation's leading ADT Authorized Premier Provider with more than 150 installation centers across the U.S. In many cases, you can call today and arrange installation for tomorrow, so that you don't have to wait to enjoy the peace of mind that monitored home security provides.