Your car has a wireless remote, why not your house? Along with your keypad and your smartphone, the wireless keychain remote gives you another way to arm and disarm your security system. Most home alarms come with at least one keychain remote, and you will probably want to order extras because of how convenient you’ll find them to be.
But you probably haven’t considered just how handy these little gizmos really are. Here are 9 scenarios in which a wireless keychain remote could make your life much, much easier.
- You’re backing out of the garage headed for work, and you forgot to set the alarm. Just hit the ARM button.
- You’re over your next-door neighbor’s house for a quick visit and you didn’t lock up. Just hit the ARM button.
- You’ve got groceries in your hands, but you don’t want to sit anything down to turn the alarm off. Just hit the DISARM button from the car.
- You hear one of your windows shatter in the middle of the night and your system is disarmed. Just activate the PANIC command by pressing the top two buttons at the same time.
- You’re coming home late at night and can’t find your keyhole in the dark. Just hit the LIGHT button for extra illumination.
- Your dog walker comes by your house every weekday to walk your dog. With an extra keychain remote, you can give her access to your home without ever sharing your alarm code.
- You want to keep costs as low as possible at the time that your alarm system is installed. To accomplish this goal, you forego the addition of multiple keypads. But by investing in multiple wireless keychain remotes, you can attain similar benefits at a much greater value.
- Between your work passwords and codes and the multitude of personal identifiers you have to keep track of, it’s easy to confuse or altogether forget your alarm code. But with the wireless keychain remote, you don’t have to worry about that. You can arm and disarm your system with a simple push of a button.
- You’ve just turned in for the night, snug as a bug in a rug, and then it hits you — you forgot to set the alarm. With your wireless keychain remote, you can arm your system from the warmth and comfort of your bed.
And there you have it — nine scenarios that your wireless keychain remote could come in handy. Let’s not end the conversation here — share this post on social and add your own wireless remote stories.