Burglar-Proof Your Home
We are currently in an economic recession. That could signal that a rise in crime is imminent. Home break-ins and burglaries could become more commonplace. This is especially true as the holiday season approaches and people get more desperate, committing crimes that they normally would not commit. Nearly half of the police departments in the United States have reported an increase in burglaries according to a 2006 survey by the Police Executive Research Forum. Homeowners need to do everything that they can to help protect themselves and their families.
A home security system is the best way to help prevent burglaries, vandalism and fire from happening in your home. Having professionally installed products from Protect Your Home will give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your home is being constantly monitored and the police and fire departments are just minutes away. Having an alarm with monitoring from ADT, LLC is a good solution to help prevent becoming a victim. Also one of the best way to help keep your home safe is to help to prevent the robberies from even happening in the first place. Many burglars will be turned away if they think that your home is not an especially good target. Here are some tips to make your home less likely to be a target for burglary:
- Have a neighbor pick up your mail – If you go out of town, you do not want unread mail lying in stacks on your front porch. It is a huge indicator to potential invaders that your home will be an easy target for them.
- Do not put your last name on the outside of your house or on your mailbox – You want strangers to have as little personal information about you as possible. One possibility is that they could look up your phone number online and call and see if you are home.
- Install motion sensor lights – Burglars love to move in dark areas where they will not be detected by other people in the neighborhood.
- Trim the bushes in front of your home – This goes hand in hand with the motion sensor lights. Large bushes give intruders a place to hide and scope out your home.
- Be careful with your spare key – Try to avoid hiding a spare key if you can. This is one of the first things that burglars will look for when trying to break into a home. If you have to hide a key try to hide it in a place that is not too obvious like under the welcome mat or a nearby rock.
- Leave the TV on – Leaving the TV on is a great way to make people think that you are at home when you are not.
Homeowners need to take the necessary steps to help protect their homes from burglary. These are some simple steps to make your home seem less vulnerable to attacks or break-ins. Burglars and other attackers obviously want to attack the easiest target possible. Making your home appear like someone is home and not giving burglars anywhere to hide are important steps to helping protect your home and your family.
The best way to help protect your home along with these tips is with a home security system. They also provide ongoing home security services after the system is installed. Contact your local Authorized ADT Dealer, Protect Your Home, today. We can have security systems designed and installed that will fit your lifestyle and your budget.