The ADT® Monitored PIR Motion Sensor
The ADT® monitored PIR Motion sensor uses a passive infrared sensor to detect body heat or infrared energy. The motion sensor monitors the presence of a moving, high heat source that shouldn’t be present in the area. It does this by creating a grid in the area. Once activated, the motion sensor tracks any blockers in this grid. Then, it receives measurements of a moving object blocking grid zones, and trips the sensor thus creating an alarm.
What is a Motion Sensor?
A motion sensor is a device that is a big part of your security system. It allows you to monitor whether someone is inside of your home when they shouldn’t be. The motion sensors inside of your sensor track movement within a specific area.
Here are some features of the Motion Sensor:
- High-traffic shutdown
- Pet immunity up to 60 pounds
- Lithium battery included
- Digital signal analysis for consistent detection throughout the coverage pattern
- Exceptional catch performance at elevated temperatures
- Patented Multi-Level Signal Processing for accurate detection of human IR energy over a broad range of temperatures
- Temperature compensation
- Sensitivity adjustment to configure the sensor for “normal” or “hostile” environments
Frequently Used Together