The Smart Plug
The Smart Plug allows you to control your home’s lights and small appliances from virtually anywhere. Using the ADT Pulse® app, you can check to see what lights and small appliances are on at home. You also have the ability to turn these lights and appliances on or off using the app, no matter where you are.
You can schedule your lights to turn on, off, brighten, or dim at specific times. This can help make your life easier, and help you to save on energy costs. And when you know you will be out of town or away from home, you can schedule your lights to turn on and off, so it looks like someone is at home.
A desired feature includes the ability to integrate this Smart Plug with your other smart home devices, including Amazon Alexa. Integration with Alexa will allow you to use voice commands to turn your lights and appliances on and off.
The Smart Plug easily integrates with your ADT®-monitored security system, so you can program lights-integrated security automation such as “lighted entry” when you disarm your system, or “lights on” during alarm events to light the path for first responders or to scare away intruders.
Key features of the Smart Plug include:
- Integration with the ADT Pulse® app
- Remote management of lights and small appliances
- Integration with Amazon Alexa (for voice commands) and other smart devices
- Integration with your ADT®-monitored home security system
- Scheduled lighting
- Light dimmer
- Space-efficient design—you can plug it into the top outlet and still use the lower outlet
- Z-Wave controlled technology
- Compatible with all LED, CFL, halogen and incandescent bulbs, as well as standard small appliances
- Maximum loads: 600 Watts Incandescent, ½ HP Motor (Z-Wave controlled outlet) 15 Amps, 1800 Watts, Resistive (both outlets combined)